Practice Charter and Complaints Information
What we will do to help patients.
All members of the Beechwood Surgery Primary Care Team are dedicated to providing a quality of service which fully meets the patients’ requirements. In particular:
- We aim to provide a first class service to all our patients, to help you understand your illness and treatment and to involve you in the decision, irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the problem.
- All patients have the right to absolute confidentiality
- Doctors and nurses will aim to keep to the appointment times; there may be
delays from time to time, this is normally due to the nature of individual patients'
- All patients have the right to information about their own health.
- When we are fully booked, we will offer you an alternative such as; NHS 111, a pharmacist or go to the local walk-in centre.
- The practice will offer advice and seek to inform patients of steps they can take to promote good health and to avoid illness, eg. smoking, exercise, immunisation, etc.
- The practice will inform patients of services available by means of a practice booklet, website notice board and leaflets.
- Patients with urgent medical conditions will be given priority, even when this may cause delay to booked appointments.
- Patients may choose whether or not to take part in research or training.
- We will listen to your comments and suggestions to try and improve our service.
- Patients shall be referred to a consultant when their GP thinks it necessary.
- We may contact you via text messaging/voicemail/email to remind you of your appointments, confirm address etc. If you do not inform us of your change of telephone numbers, the surgery will not be liable for messages sent elsewhere.
- Subject to availability of appointments, patients should be able to make appointments with the doctor of their choice, except when that doctor is away eg on study leave or holiday leave. Patients making urgent same day appointments may not be able to see the doctor of their choice.
Complaints Form (DOCX, 21KB)
Complaints leaflet for Patients (DOCX, 33KB)
Practice address to send the completed form to: