Covid 2nd Dose Vaccinations
Please note that due to a revised delivery schedule, patients who have a second dose scheduled for April will be contacted (in many cases by text message) asking them to reschedule the appointment. This appointment will be earlier than the original date.
Brentwood Centre, Doddinghurst Road, Brentwood, CM15 9NN
Covid Vaccinations are by appointment only. We are currently contacting patients aged 50 and over or those with underlying health conditions as per the Government guidelines.
Other groups will be contacted in due course.
The public can really help the NHS to deliver our vaccination programmes effectively to those who need it most. Taking these simple steps will help us to help you.
- The NHS will contact you when it’s the right time to come forward, so please don’t contact us to seek a vaccine before then.
- Please act on your invitation when it arrives, and make sure you attend your appointments when you arrange them.
- In the meantime, please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
The latest information on the COVID-19 vaccination programme is online on the NHS website.
We advise checking there first if you have questions about the safety or effectiveness of COVID vaccines, or your priority to receive vaccination.
COVID-19 Vaccinations at the Brentwood Centre
- You will receive a phone call or text inviting you to an appointment for the COVID vaccine.
- Please DO NOT book an appointment if you have had COVID in the last 28 days.
- If you have severe allergies or queries-please contact your surgery.
- You need to receive 2 doses of the vaccine for longer lasting protection- you will be contacted and given an appointment for your 2nd vaccine around week 11 from your 1st appointment.
- Your vaccination will take place at The Brentwood Centre, Doddinghurst Road, Pilgrims Hatch, Brentwood, CM15 9NN.
If you have had COVID in the last 28 days, please do not attend your appointment. Cancel it with your GP surgery and they will rebook you for a later date
- Please bring a form of ID with you.
- Please wear a face covering at all times.
- You will check in with reception and directed to a pod.
- You will be asked some questions by the medical team about your medical history.
- You will be asked to wait for 15 minutes after having the vaccination. This is in the unlikely event that you have a serious reaction to the vaccine.
- You will be given a leaflet about what to expect after your vaccination to take home with you.